Businesses in the dark over value of outsourcing
Do you know the time and/or cost it took to select your outsourcing provider? Neither do 79% of the respondents to this KPMG survey. Read the survey.
And the survey says:
- More than 40 percent of sourcing contracts are not supported by a formal strategic measurement framework beyond management of service level agreements (SLAs).
- The monitoring and management of sourcing benefits is often sub-optimal
- The sourcing service provider selection process is often unwieldy and takes too long
- The importance of involving the ‘right people’ and aligning the cultures of the organizations involved is as critical as ever.
- More than 50 percent of respondents said they take more than six months to complete the request for proposal (RFP) process. Thirty percent said they take longer than nine months.
- Seventy-nine percent of respondents did not accurately know the costs of selecting a sourcing provider.
Documents are in common file formats such as Microsoft Word (doc), Powerpoint (ppt), Excel (xls,csv,xlsx), and Adobe pdf.Download
| An overview of a portfolio based approach for outsourcing of IT applications.
| This presentation discusses the central decision prior to any outsourcing: should we build it or buy it from someone else?
| This whitepaper examines the cause of service level metrics failure and recommends solutions to fix this problem.
| This whitepaper helps senior IT leaders answer four key questions: why outsource, when to outsource, how much to outsource and where to outsource.
| This presentation answers the following question: The Drive to Efficiency…Is Outsourcing the Solution?
| This excellent presentation provides an in-depth discussion on contracts related to outsourcing - what are the key elements in an outsourcing contract? What are the essential components of contract management?
| This presentation provides an overview of the decision making and implementation processes to outsource e_Commerce initiatives.
| This research explores the key role of metrics and analytics in outsourcing success - delivering not just cost savings but also superior strategic business value. Excellent Read!
| Introduction to eSourcing Capability Model provides a bird's eye view to understand and use the eSCM model developed by Carnegie Mellon.
| This sample enterprise IT service level agreement (SLA) can be used to design your own.
| This template lists key elements of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) - you can use it to create your own.
| This template can be used to create a Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between a service provider and the service recipient. The objective of the SLA is to present a clear, concise and measurable description of the services provided.
| Bargains are good. Strategic sourcing is better - "when key purchasing decisions are handled creatively, bargains are just the beginning." This article explains the concept of strategic sourcing in simple, easy to understand terms - What's So Strateg...
Posted on 03/04/2009 by