What is eStrategy? On: 10/22/2008 Views: 20020
Definition of eBusiness and eStrategy.
e-Business is the business use of the Internet. The “use” results in a “business benefit” such as higher revenues, reduced costs or reaching an underserved market. “Internet” includes all technologies and applications enabled by the Internet.
e-Strategy is an iterative process to create and/or modify an organization's business model for eBusiness:
- It is a process not a point in time event
- It is iterative - success comes after multiple - do and learn – cycles
- The key is the creation/modification of the business model not designing websites to address business requirements
- The former focuses on the business
- The latter focuses on integrating emerging technology; that is the purview of IT Strategy
- e-Strategy sets direction for the entire organization
- It is one and the same as the "business" strategy. If one must, then eStrategy is a subset of business strategy
- It is not "IT Strategy" for the internet. Much like business strategy drives IT Strategy, eStrategy drives IT Strategy
- eBusiness affects the entire organization so the focus of eStrategy is on the entire business not on creating a new distribution channel or creating a customer portal or targeting a new internet based market segment
- eStrategy focuses on creating maximum value not on creating revenues or reducing costs through the internet
eStrategy helps create shareholder value. In other words, it helps identify the "new" business model to compete in the "new" world that now includes the internet based ecosystem
| This excellent presentation provides a design approach for business model innovation and information technology alignment
| This guide to e-business strategy will help you understand the key drivers behind the digital revolution, imperative for changing your organizational strategy, and IT capability to adapt, and implications on the systems, and technologies in the enter...
| An excellent presentation on business models - what are they? how to understand your business model? However, the best part is: how to use business model analysis to create competitive advantage?
| This presentation provides a quick overview of e_business strategy and key e_business models.
| Definition of key e-business concepts such as e-business, electronic commerce and mobile e-commerce, and the concepts of strategy and value creation. Overview of the phases of evolution of e-Business over the last decade.
| This presentation presents a soup-to-nut discussion on e_business strategy aka e_strategy using an e_business model approach - starting with defining what e_business model approach is!
| What is an e_business model? This paper defines and discusses different e_business models and provides a context for their use.
| A framework to develop e-business strategy in three phases - analysis, formulation and implementation.